“Ask not what your Club can do for you, Ask what you can do for your Club”
Dear Fellow Members
The month of June has finally arrived and many of us are looking forward to the fourth weekend in June, when we all gather at the Club site for ARRL's Field Day.
The decision to hold Field Day at the Club site has NOT yet been decided by the Board of Directors. That decision will be made on Wednesday, 17 June 2020. However, should the Board decide to hold Field Day at the Club site, at that time several restrictions will apply :
- The Club will NOT be providing any food. All participants will have to bring their own food.
- There will be NO GOTA Station.
- Our Field Day will NOT be open to the public.
I have scheduled a Field Day Meeting for the 10th of June @ 1900 Hours at our W2MMD Clubhouse. Weather permitting, the meeting will be held outside, so bring a chair. We will be discussing all the guidelines so that we can have a safe, fun, and productive Field Day experience.
I know that everyone is following the rules and keeping safe. I keep all of you in my prayers and we will get through this together. It is just a matter of time.
GCARC coming events :
- ARRL Field Day : Saturday and Sunday, June 27th and 28th
- Annual Club Picnic : Sunday, August 16th
- GCARC Hamfest : Sunday, September 13th
The Wednesday, June 3, 2020 General Membership Meeting will be on ZOOM and not on the repeater. Thanks to Director Chuck WA2TML, he will be hosting the ZOOM meeting and you will be receiving an e-mail inviting you to join the meeting along with instructions. Chuck hosted a ZOOM meeting for the May 20th Board of Directors Meeting and it went very well. It is easy to setup (even for this Old Salty Veteran HIHI). I hope that many of you will be able to join me.
I can't believe I am getting four weeks to a tank full of gas.
This month, we welcome three new members :
- Dan McCormick III, KD2TUS, a Technician Class licensee from Sewell, NJ.
- Scott Bennett, KD9NBF, a Technician Class licensee from Woodbury, NJ.
- Chris Ciraula, KD2SBR, a Technician Class licensee from Elmer, NJ.
That's all for now. I hope to see you in the pile-ups.
Be Healthy, Be Strong, Be Safe,
73 es God Bless es Above All Be Safe
Old Salty Veteran
JIM CLARK, USN (Ret.)